Review: Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee on Demand 12 Cup Coffeemaker.

Rather than go through the hassle of posting this on Amazon or other associated website, I thought I would pester my readers with my review of this durable consumer good: The Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-cup Programmable Coffeemaker.

The good: No carafe, easy to clean up, nice and square - clean look. Coffee stays warm for hours after the heater turns off. I suspect it probably uses less electricity than most coffee makers.


The bad: No carafe means no way to put water into the machine. Do you have a device to measure exactly 12 cups? I sure didn't. The water fill hole is in the BACK of the machine by the hinge to the lid and is about the size of two quarters. This means it's exceedingly difficult to pour into without putting water all over the place. Finally, want to dump your excess coffee? One cup at a time!

I should have never bought a gizmo coffee maker. Live and learn.