FAILURE: Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee on Demand 12 Cup Coffeemaker.

After owning it for a mere 415 days (give or take a few days, I can't remember when I bought it exactly) and reviewing it in this post, today the Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee on Demand 12 Cup Coffeemaker failed. Loaded it with coffee and water, turned it on to brew, heard it click and NOTHING.



Now, to be fair, it was under heavy use. I figure it made 1.5 pots of coffee a day, 6 days a week for the ~60 weeks it was in operation. That's 534 pots of coffee. We paid $99.95 for it, minus a 20% off coupon plus sales tax, at Bed Bath and Beyond for a total of $86.56. So each pot of coffee cost $0.16 in equipment.

Supposedly it has a 3 year warranty. But I'm sure it will cost $25 just to mail it back to Cuisinart - and that's if I could find the receipt. So I guess we'll just go with a different one instead. This is pretty disappointing. I definitely would not buy another one. A $30 coffee pot would be just as effective and would probably be cheaper per pot of coffee.

And it was pretty crappy too. The thing dripped constantly. Hard to clean. Hard to add water. The coffee guage was wildly inaccurate. Overall, I guess I'm glad it's gone.